بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Omdurman Islamic University
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Medical Education Development (MEDC)
The Medical Education Development Centre
مركز تطوير التعليم الطبي
The Medical Education Development Center (MEDC) was established in 1998 to develop the educational process at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences and the other medical faculties within the university. It achieves its mission by training the medical staff on the best teaching and assessment methods, evaluating medical education, and developing curricula in line with developments in the steadily changing world around us.
The MEDC has been delivering its usual message over the years. The Center has held a series of workshops in e-learning in line with the new reality imposed by the Corona pandemic in the year 2020 AD, and its effects are continuing. The Distant Learning Committee, formed in June 2020, initiates it at the Faculty of Medicine - Omdurman Islamic University. Training workshops began in August 2020, through which several teaching staff from faculties of medicine, pharmacy, medical laboratories and nursing were trained, in addition to the active participation of students, in the interest of the university to keep pace with development, save the time of its students and the health of its staff.
At the end of April 2021, the Center's structure was developed by adding a particular office for external training after the agreement signed by the Faculty with the Irish Bon Secours Tralee Hospital, which will benefit both medical graduates and students.
To enhance and actively promote teaching staff and students capabilities through educational programs, workshops and hands-on training to effectively address the priorities of research set by the Faculty, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, and other local, regional and international research centers’ announcements.
1. To provide continuing professional development of medical and allied healthcare teaching staff and medical students.
2. To evaluate and develop the educational program (courses or modules and the curriculum) of FMHS, OIU.
3. To address educational and training needs of nurse’s laboratory, pharmaceutical and other healthcare professionals.
4. To evaluate the impact of educational interventions on medical professional behaviors and patient outcomes.
5. To promote skills in research as fundamental components for service promotion.
6. To promote scientific writing and publication among University Staff and Sudan medical professionals.
7. To play an active role in developing innovative education programs by addressing all competencies in all modules.
The Medical Education Development Center is administratively attached to the Faculty of Medicine. It technically belongs to the General Administration of Educational Training and Development under the direction of the Vice-Chancellor.
MEDC Scientific Departments:
Staff Members of MEDC:
1.The Director : Nazik Elmalaika Obaid Seid Aahmed, MD, MSc (Molecular Medicine), MHPE, PhD.
2- Deputy Director: Tarig Guma Al-Mardi, MSc, PhD,
3- Secretariat: Tibian Hassan, MBBS.
4. Head of Curricula, Modules and Evaluation: Mohamed Ahmed Mohamed Ali, MBBS, Part I Comm Med.
5. Head of CME&PD: Marouf Mohammed Marouf, MBBS, Part I Ophthalm.
6. Editor in chief SJMS: Prof. Mohamed Ahmed Mohamed Ibnouf, FRCSEd, PhD.
7. Head of Research and Publication: Dr. Suaad Eltahir Musa, MD, Community Medicine.
8. Head of External Training Department: Mohamed Mohamed A Ibnouf, MRCS, MD, MSc med Edu.